League Two FC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
League Two FC!

The place to talk about League Two and other football issues!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carey fearing Wrexham sack

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danny_Bantam
Admin
Danny_Bantam

Carey fearing Wrexham sack Empty
PostSubject: Carey fearing Wrexham sack   Carey fearing Wrexham sack Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Wrexham boss Brian Carey admitted the disgruntled fans will not be the only ones staying away from the Racecourse if the poor results continue.
"I've been in the game long enough to know what happens," he told BBC Sport after Saturday's 2-0 loss to Barnet.

"If performances and results carry on like this I probably won't be here either.

"You've got to be realistic about these things. I'm gutted for the fans. We're not giving them what we're capable of."

Wrexham have now lost four of their six home League Two games this season, and have managed to score just two goals.

606: DEBATE
I have never seen a team as bad as Wrexham today

Wrexnet

Carey, who was warned in midweek by chairman Neville Dickens that he would be sacked unless results improve, said he was at a loss to explain their Racecourse woes.

"I know next week when we go to Notts County we'll be a different team," he said.

"We've got to get over whatever it is about playing here. We're just not showing the Wrexham public here what we're all about. We've got to get to the bottom of it."

Carey revealed he has already made inquiries about bringing in new faces after admitting he was disappointed by the lack of leadership shown by some of his players.

"Once they got their first goal it was evident for everyone to see that heads went down," he said.

"When you need your characters to emerge and stand up strong, we didn't have too many."
Back to top Go down
http://bantams.nightforum.net

Carey fearing Wrexham sack
Page 1 of 1