League Two FC!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
League Two FC!

The place to talk about League Two and other football issues!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kevan leaves Clarets for Magpies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danny_Bantam
Admin
Danny_Bantam

Kevan leaves Clarets for Magpies Empty
PostSubject: Kevan leaves Clarets for Magpies   Kevan leaves Clarets for Magpies Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Notts County have appointed their former midfielder Dave Kevan as assistant manager to work alongside new boss Ian McParland.
Kevan, 39, leaves his job as assistant boss at Burnley, having been on their coaching staff since 2004.

He began his career at Meadow Lane and is a close friend of McParland, who took charge last week following the sacking of Steve Thompson.

Burnley do not plan to appoint a replacement at this stage.

Coaches Steve Davis and Phil Hughes will step up to assist boss Steve Cotterill.

McParland said: "My first thought when I was offered the job was that I wanted Dave to work with me, but I never thought there was a chance of getting him."

Cotterill added: "It's very sad that Dave is leaving, but his family are in Nottingham and Ian McParland is his best mate."

Notts County chairman John Armstrong-Holmes, who has been in the role since September, was also due to make a separate announcement at the same news conference where Kevan was unveiled.

Meanwhile, the club's supporters' trust has elected Stuart Rolley as its new chairman.
Back to top Go down
http://bantams.nightforum.net

Kevan leaves Clarets for Magpies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
League Two FC! :: League Two Chat-
Jump to: